Friday, August 26, 2011

Answered Prayer



This past May, Somboon's father accepted Christ as his Savior. We have been praying for his father's salvation for a long time. As many of you know, his mother died a little over a year ago. Somboon's father has lived with him for several months. His father has been going to church with him. You can read his note below.

Pastors Wutichai and Leng are on the Hmong Committee for the foundation. They are very godly men who love the Lord.

Please pray for his village (some of you have been there) that the message of the Gospel will reach many of the non-believers there. God bless!

His servants and yours,
Duane & Kathy


Hello Pastors and friends,

Thank you for praying for my father. Last night my father accepted the Lord! He has been a witchdoctor for over 40 years. There were many times that he had said that he wanted to become a Christian, but now he has finally accepted the Lord. 2 weeks ago he told me that he wanted to receive Christ as His Savior. Yesterday I invited Pastor Wutichai and Pastor NyiajLeng here to explain the gospel in greater detail to my father, and he prayed to receive Christ! When my mother first accepted the Lord, my father didn't like it at all. When my mother died, my father was more open to the gospel, and now he is saved also. Thank you again for your prayers! Please continue to pray for him that he will stand firm and steadfast in the faith. On June 2nd, we are going to return to my village and my father will burn the spirit altar in the house along with all of the spirit paraphernalia.

God bless you.

Somboon





No comments:

Post a Comment